he crankbrothers candy is an iconic pedal designed by Carl and Frank, the original founders of crankbrothers, they were tired of getting stuck in mud-covered pedals with no way in or out. They realised that existing pedals were too complicated….It started with a simple question: what is the best way to attach a shoe to a crank? To answer this question, Carl and Frank created a system with only two moving parts hinging on a spring. This system became known as the eggbeater pedal, and later it was adapted into the candy pedal.
The Candy is really diverse and is used by a wide range of riders. We have seen them out on the trail, at cyclocross races and even on commuter bikes. The cage around the 4 point engagement system inspires confidence and offers a great alternative to the eggbeater pedal if you want more of a pedal body surface area.
- Cleat: Premium brass cleats included
- Shims: Included
- Release Angle: 15° to 20°
- Warranty: 5 years
- Weight: 304g per pair
- Spindle: Forged scm435 chromoly steel
- Body: 2 piece machined aluminium
- Wings: Cast Steel
- Spring: 300 series stainless steel
- Inner bearing: Needle
- Outer bearing: Cartridge
- Maximum rider weight: No restrictions
- Colour options: Black/Silver, Blue/Silver or Red/Silver